Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Mike Trout Base Throwback Photo Variation BGS Graded Pristine 10


The perfect player?
The perfect card?
No on both counts but very close on the latter.

While my pursuit of the ever elusive black label perfect 10 continues I grabbed yet another pristine 10 of Mr. Mike Trout for the collection and couldn't believe it didn't make more of a dent into my virtual wallet.

I always come across cards that I didn't know existed and this happens to be one of them. I love photo variations but I don't know of all of them in existence and this is a perfect example as I came across it on one of my graded card searches. Once I saw it I knew I wanted it but with a 10 attached to the label I expected it would go for top dollar considering Mike is having another great season. This card in raw condition has a high of $25 according to Beckett and I would say a fair market value would be somewhere in the 12.50-17.50/18 range depending on any given day. With that evaluation I expected this to go for at least $40 if not $50 because people do love their "perfect" 10's. At the end of the day/auction this card only put me back 50% of my guess for the closing cost. Hence that makes this even a nicer addition to my collection.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment: