Saturday, October 1, 2016

Card of the Day - 2009 Topps Tribute : Clayton Kershaw Base Black Parallel (12/99)


What can $5 and some pennies get you nowadays? A couple candy bars, a few cokes maybe even a full lunch if you know where to go and are on a budget. Well for me at this time it landed me another black parallel of a Kershaw base card and to be specific this 2009 Tribute which surprisingly has no flaking whatsoever.

I saw this card pop up on eBay one day with a starting price of just 99 cents. While this card does not have a high book value it does show Clayton from his earlier days in the league and comes from a premium brand. The biggest draw for me though was that it looked to be in great condition on the computer screen and I held out hope that I could turn into another BGS gem mint for my graded collection and in hand I see nothing that should stop that from happening.

A little surprised that it took more than 1 bid to win this but after some nickel and diming by fellow eBay bidders I secured this and now await for Beckett to come back to town to submit it.


Twelve
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment