Saturday, October 29, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015/16 Upper Deck Trilogy : Felix Potvin Signature Pucks Autograph


The Cat...

When Felix came to the Kings in the 2000-2001 season that was when my love for Kings hockey really took off as I loved watching him play. While his time with the team was short he reopened my eyes to Hockey. I enjoyed watching the occasional game in the 90's but the playoff classic between Felix and the Kings and Patrick Roy and the Avalanche in the early 2000's really got me going again for the sport that I still love today and is second in my heart behind baseball.

Since Felix didn't spend a lot of years with the Kings he has had very few (maybe none as I never saw one prior to this year) autograph cards with him in a Kings sweater. When the checklist was released for this years Trilogy set from Upper Deck I noticed he was represented in it and I knew I would finally get my hands on a copy.

Took a little longer than expected as I underestimated Potvin's market in the card hobby. Had to wait it out a month but I finally was able to lock this card in from our friends in the north. Canada never lets me down and this time was no different. I finally have my very own Felix the Cat autograph to call my own.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment