Saturday, October 8, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Gypsy Queen : Sandy Koufax Base Mini Parallel Gold Variant (18/50)


Glad I was able to negotiate a good deal on this card on eBay as once it hit my hands I can see at best it would grade out to a 9 from Beckett if I chose to send it in for slabbing. Gold parallels with silver banners are annoying to me as they are not color coordinated.

I have been trying to up my Koufax collection with numbered parallels so when one does show up on eBay I put a little extra focus on acquiring it. This card has a book value of $8-20 and from past sales I have seen it sell from $4-$15. The owner of this card had an original asking price north of $15 which I wanted nothing to do with. After it didn't sell he lowered it a tad on a relisting and added a best offer option. After a couple days of going back and forth we agreed to a price of a little over $8 which I felt was more than reasonable.

On the computer screen the card looked well centered and corners looked good but once in hand and under a loop I can see that 3 corners have slight chipping which would mean an 8.5 or 9 on that sub grade. Guess I don't NEED to slab all my cards right? Ha Ha.


Eighteen
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment