Thursday, October 27, 2016

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number NINE - 2015 Gypsy Queen Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Silver Parallel (39/50) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2015 Gypsy Queen Clayton Kershaw Autograph Silver Parallel (39/50)

It may not be a 9.5 but it's nice knowing that I will be adding another mint Kershaw autograph to the collection especially considering I was pretty sure this would come in as an 8.5 from the raw card review. Considering this is a silver parallel I guess it is appropriate that it will have a silver banner above it. 


When I submitted this to Beckett for a RCR I crossed my fingers that it would come back as a 9 and not a 8.5 which I feared and my prayers were answered as it indeed received a 9. Off to Dallas the card went to get the full slab treatment and with it I would learn what the sub grades actually were and I am surprised that this was closer to a 9.5 than an 8.5. 


I expected the corners and/or edges to earn an 8.5 but neither did with edges actually earning a 9.5. 2 9's and 2 9.5's were the subs and even though I would only need 1 sub to get an extra .5 to get a gold banner I will not be doing that as I am satisfied with this card's return. 

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment