Sunday, October 23, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Purple Refractor Parallel (7/275) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Sometimes it's better to lose out instead of winning in the beginning as in the long run that win turns into a loss. Take for instance this beautiful quad 9.5 gem mint purple card of Corey Seager.

An eBay seller wouldn't budge on their (high) price as they had it on an OBO auction so I moved on and knew at some point I would snag a different purple down the road. I didn't want to go the raw route if it could be helped but I was open to it but thankfully I didn't have to wait long for another graded one to show up as this one did a couple days after I was rejected on the other one.

This one started with a price of 99 cents on a traditional auction. Of course I was going to be in on it and I decided at that point my ceiling on price was going to be $5 less than my offer for the other one I lost out on. A week past and in the waning moments I put in my bid and not only did I win it but I did so at over $10 less than my high bid on the other one.

So while my patience wasn't there in the beginning it paid off in the end to lose to win this one at a bargain.


Gem, gem, gem and gem


Seven
of
Two Hundred and Seventy-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment