Monday, October 10, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Allen Ginter : Corey Seager Mini Frame Autograph Black Parallel (#/25)


Black or Gold?
9 times out of 10 I will always take a black card over a gold card and that is why I now own this spiffy little redemption card for a Corey Seager autograph.

When it was announced that there would be this limited (25 copies) parallel in the 2016 Allen Ginter set I knew I wanted a copy for myself. I had missed on the 1st handful that hit the bay. Probably 5-7 in total and now they were drying up as this was the only one left which happened to be on a BIN auction. I did not want to spend a dime to acquire it but at the same time I had nothing in the Paypal bank so what to do? I looked at my collection and out of all the Seager autographs there was one that I could live without as it wasn't overly appealing to me. The Gold autograph from the 2012 Bowman Sterling set which is numbered out of 50. I know that card comes from the 1st year he had cards done by Bowman and some people would not get rid of it but I love Ginters, I love black parallels and I have multiple copies of Corey's 2012 autographs from the Chrome set which I find more desirable.

So of course you know what I did as I sold the Gold and paid for this which came out as a wash. Once I received this card I entered it into the Topps site and considering I have already seen one of the actual card on eBay for sale I hope that it won't be long till I have my copy.

... and on top of all that eBay was running a special eBucks program and with the purchase of this card it helped finishing financing another which I will show tomorrow.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Hopefully you get this soon. I decided to add a base auto to go along with the red. Seager has had some big hits this series, but he's batting in the low 200's. Turner is the only one that's consistently hitting. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually just received it and it looks great. Congrats on your red one too. Ill probably grab a base as well during the off season and even though he is hitting in 200's he is doing the best other than Turner who is on fire like you said. There will be a game 5 DAMNIT !!!
      Any news on the super?

      Delete