Friday, April 21, 2017

Card of the Day - 2011 Topps Update : Mike Trout Base Cognac Diamond Anniversary Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


During the 2015 off season I made it a goal of mine to pick up as many graded Trout rookie cards I could get and I ended up with a lot. The 2016 off season was reserved for Corey Seager but there was 1 last colored parallel of Trout I was unable to snag in 2015 that bugged me. I fixed that during this past off season.

The Topps Update is THE rookie card to get for Trout and I ended up getting the base, diamond, gold, blue and red during the 2015 off season but I could never land the Cognac parallel at a decent price. I had a feeling if I didn't get now it might be very hard to come by in the upcoming seasons so I kept my eye out for a copy and I missed out on quite a few but I finally was able to lock this particular one down at no hassle.

Now that I am not spending much out of pocket I had to figure out what to unload to acquire this for my project and after much thought I ended up selling off some non rookie parallels of Trout which were easy to get top dollar for and I ended up with this one for my collection. No regrets in this decision as my rainbow is complete (minus the impossible black one) and I am a happy camper.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment