Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps High Tek : Corey Seager Base Red Orbit Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


A San Francisco Giants fan did this Dodger fan a solid and worked with me on price. I guess he was a happy new daddy and I picked the right time to approach him on it.

This card had been online for awhile with a high price attached to it and I wasn't going to touch it at any cost. Weeks passed and soon it was somewhat near my ballpark of an acceptable price but he added a best offer option which I used. Guess looking back it was kind of low ball but I wasn't going to budge as he "declined" the offer (not officially but in a separate email he did) and said he would accept a different amount. I said thanks but no thanks.

With 2 minutes left till my offer expired he accepted it. After he did we talked and he said he just watched the birth of his son and was in a jolly mood (who wouldn't be) and said being a Giants fan he had no real attachment to this card and let it go. While not numbered this is a hard card to find and acquire so this is a nice addition to my collection.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment