Sunday, April 2, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Allen Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel Brooklyn Back Variant (1/25)


Let's.... try .... this.... AGAIN.

There are only 25 copies of this Brooklyn back in existence and this will be my second one that I have called my own. This one is numbered 1 of 25. I originally had number 24 of 25 and it was in great condition as I decided to send it in to Beckett to get it encased. I expected a gem mint return and in fact there were 3 sub grades that had earned a 9.5. Of course someone at BGS had to ruin my fun and drop it while it was in their care as they gave corners a 7. I would never send a card in that had corners that would earn such a low grade (unless it was vintage). Well to say the least I needed another copy that would be acceptable to me so I sold off that "damaged" card and went on the look out for another 1 of the 24 out there that would be good enough for me.

Since I knew the availability is diminishing I had a slightly higher price ceiling and was glad I did as I won this one in the middle of the night as the auction ended at 4 in the morning. It was nice waking up to an email declaring me the winner. Now this #1 just like that #24 is in very good condition so when I send this to BGS they better not drop it again.


Numero Uno
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment