Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Autograph Green Refractor Parallel (61/99) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


I was going to be patient but when this graded Seager autograph showed up I turned my attention to it and gave it my all to acquire it and acquire I did.

I had my own green copy of this card but it was in raw form and I was holding onto it till I did my next submission to BGS but since it was the off season (when I picked this graded card up) I wondered if I could unload the raw card and use those funds to snag the graded one. I was confident my card was going to gem but you just never know what could happen in a grader's hands. I wanted to get the sure thing than the probable thing so off to the races I went.

Even though it wasn't baseball season I knew there would be decent action for this card and I was right. I believe there were close to 20 different bids on this card but the only thing that matter was that mine was the high one at the end of the day. I didn't want my raw card up for sale while this one was active as I wanted to be the only game in town. So once I won this 1 I threw mine up and since it was the only on eBay at the time there were a lot of bids right out the gate. I ended up selling it for the majority of the cost that it took for me to win this graded one. Obviously once again comic book sales offset the difference and now the only colored parallel I need to complete the rainbow is the red one with it's print run of just 5. Yeah, probably not going to happen but I can hold out hope.



Sixty-One
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment