Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Autograph BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha . . . .

As a seller on eBay you gamble at times and sometimes you come out on the right side but there are other times where you miscalculate and end up losing. I should know as I have done the exact same thing from time to time but this time I was on the winning side with a seller from Taiwan.

Other than the impossible red (print run of 5) and the refractor (that may or may not have been produced) this base autograph from the 2016 Topps Chrome set was the final piece I needed for my autograph rainbow project. I personally can't believe it even got to this point but a lot of luck here and there and here I am now.

I have tried numerous times to snag this at a deal but each time I have been outbid or denied on a OBO auction. This one popped up on eBay with an OBO and I sent an offer over which was lower than what they have been selling for but not by much. Never heard from the seller. He ended the auction and relisted the card and I sent the same offer and still no response. I noticed the following day he listed it on a traditional auction AS WELL as keeping this OBO auction. 2 auctions, 1 card. Dangerous game to be playing. Anyways I keep the traditional auction on my watch list and when the final day arrived the high price was about $50 less than my offer. Seconds left and I put in a bid and moments later I was declared the winner at $40 less than my offer price. LOL. Now the question was would he honor the winning price. 2 weeks later I received the answer to that question in the form of this card in the mail.

Seller should have taken my offer but man am I happy he didn't. I have now finished the rainbow (minus the red and refractor) and now I need to submit my raw green and if that gems (as I expect it to) then I have the rainbow in gem mint condition. Score.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment