Monday, April 3, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw MLB Debut Autograph Insert Orange Parallel (4/25) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Man do I love Kershaw autographs.
God how I hate the color Orange.
Love me gold banner 9.5's.
2 beats 1 and hence the acquisition of this "beautiful" card. Of course an eBay eBucks promotion doesn't hurt as well.

Early December of 2016 and eBay was running another 10% eBucks event and I was scouring the site to see if there was anything that I might want as I had funds stacked up from other sales. Nothing really was catching my eye and I remembered I had this on my watch list for weeks and saw it still was available for purchase. The seller had a crazy asking price but also offered an OBO option so I sent him a crazy low ball price. More than 70% off his asking price in fact. He promptly declined but countered within the ballpark with an acceptable amount. Not ready to accept I sent him another offer that was just a little higher than my offer but lower than his counter and told him if he accepted I would send payment then and there. 2 minutes later he confirmed the transaction and a minute later I completed it by sending over the payment. With it I added another Kershaw autograph to the collection and earned more eBucks for the quarter. There is a Red parallel as well to this card and though I have never seen it for sale maybe I can snag it at some point to complete the 3 card rainbow.


The one last (big) reason why I wanted this card was the fact that I attended this game which when he gets inducted to the Hall of Fame I can say I was there the 1st time he took the mound in a MLB game.


Four
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment