Thursday, April 20, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Julio Urias Base Autograph Purple Refractor (216/250) BGS Raw Graded Gem Mint 9.5


I am a patient man. Because of that I was able to acquire this way below what similar ones had/have been going for and even cheaper than some that were not even graded.

I have noticed that people tend to shy away from international sellers (with some exceptions) and raw grade review cards. I think the reasoning is that "most" people do not have an outlet to get them fully slabbed when they are ready to do so and if so maybe not at the discount that luckily I receive since BGS visits my local shop at least 2 times a year.

Most other people want their cards in the sturdy BGS cases and not these semi rigid ones like this copy but if you are patient and know you will get it slabbed in the future at a discount then these RCR cards can be had a nice discount and that is what I received. The seller of this copy had an asking price at the amount that was roughly what slabbed copies had been going for. With a best offer option though attached to it I sent him a low ball offer at almost 50% his asking price. He countered though at roughly 38% of his price which I promptly took. Next stop for this Urias is Dallas to get the full slab treatment.


Two Hundred and Sixteen
of
Two Hundred and Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment