Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Green Refractor Parallel (66/99) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Ha Ha Ha
Thank you eBay buyers that seem to be "scared" off by auctions originating from across the pond aka Asia. Another score for me and I'll do this every day of week.

I believe this was only the 2nd time I have ever seen this green parallel in BGS graded form but just the 1st time I decided to chase after it. The other one popped up at a time I was concentrating on other projects and couldn't acquire that one at the time. I eventually picked up a raw version of this card and was content on waiting till Beckett came back to town in March but this one showed up and I quickly noticed the auction was by a seller in Taiwan. Knowing my past successes in that area of the world I wondered if I could snag this for a deal even though I had one that looked like a lock for a 9.5 from BGS.

As expected there wasn't that much traction on this card's auction and with a hour left I looked to be sitting pretty on the a potential steal of a deal and that is what exactly happened. I ended up winning this for LESS than what I paid for the raw version and to top it off since I didn't need 2 green parallels I obviously sold the raw version back on eBay and sold it for MORE than I paid for this graded one. You got to love it. With a print run of just 99 and with most drying up during the baseball season these only show up 1 at a time it seems. Being an eBay seller based in the USA helped me sell mine at a premium.



Sixty-Six
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment