Friday, August 1, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Blue Refractor Parallel ( 32 / 250 )

... and the final card of the blue parallel set of Dodgers from Bowman Chrome is finally complete. Yasiel Puig has drawn the most attention and price from this set but Corey has risen to second in demand and book value for his card.

Beckett has the card valued at $12 and I have lost out on the few auctions that I have been able to bid on as his card does not come up often for purchase. Each time the auction ended at higher than $12 so I just had to bide my time for the right auction to come around to acquire the card. One Saturday afternoon a seller put it up for purchase for $8 on a buy it now auction but also included a best offer option. Do I just do it and buy the card for 33% less than book or do I play chicken and give him an offer and hope no one else offers more or purchases it as I wait for his answer? Decided to play chicken and surprisingly he accepted the offer of one Lincoln bill.

Week later and the final blue refractor needed for my Dodger subset came in and I happily put it in a rigid holder and smiled that one small project is finally done. Now onto the rest of the blue parallels of the set.


Corey in his blue glory.


32 of 250

No comments:

Post a Comment