Thursday, March 12, 2015

BGS Raw Card Review Submission From March 7, 2015 Update Number 4 - 2014 Topps Chrome Yasiel Puig Base Photo Variation

Original pic and thoughts :


2014 Topps Chrome Photo Variation

Another card that I am positive won't earn a 9.5. Like Seager I am still hoping it holds enough to get a mint 9. Just like his I only see one flaw with the card but I don't want to risk a full submission hence the raw review route instead. The lower right corner has a surface "smear" which I know will garner at least a 9 if not 8.5. If all the other sub grades get at least a 9 then that is fine by me. 

Result and thoughts :



When does a card earn a mint 9 result considered perfect and brings a smile to my face? When said card has a visible flaw and crossing my fingers actually worked.

My original thought was that the "smear" would down grade the card to at least a 9 and in my mind the more likelihood of an 8.5. The card indeed come back with an overall 9 which means that either the smear "earned" an 8.5 or another one of the sub grades got a lower than expected grade. But if that was to happen the smear would have earned a 9 so I am going with the thinking that it earned an 8.5 and the others at least a 9 for an overall 9 grade.

I did decide to send this to BGS for slabbing. If it came back an 8.5 I would have kept it as is but I am happy to add another photo variation card to my graded card collection. Even though this is a 9 it is one that I expected and a result I am more than happy with.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.
-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment