Saturday, March 21, 2015

Card of the Day - 2010 Allen and Ginter : Andrew McCutchen Mini Frame Autograph


Jealousy is a bitch but I was finally able to nip it the bud a bit with me finally acquiring this card.

Andrew falls under the reacquired autograph banner as well as I had a signed ball from him but sold it in last year's purge so for that whole time he was on my radar to pick up once again. I kept getting salt poured into my autograph wound as I saw this particular card showcased on various blogs as their writers had acquired it. I was green with envy as I wanted my own copy but never could pick it up at a decent price. Beckett has it valued at $50 and most sales have been in the high 30's and some over $43. That's what happens when you are a former MVP. I continued to hold out and if finally paid off.

Every time I saw this card for sale on eBay it either had a BIN for over $40 or at the end of a traditional auction it exceeded my price ceiling so when I saw this one night on a BIN for a tad over $30 and with comic code money in hand I jumped all over it and within a week had my very own mini frame autograph of McCutchen to call my own. It was a long time coming but the wait is finally over. Card is in great condition and I may or may not get it graded but if I do it will only happen if I have a big stack to submit.

Thank you for reading and may you have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment