Sunday, March 22, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Green Refractor Parallel (37/75) BGS Raw Graded Gem Mint 9.5


I wonder if this will grade out to a gold label gem mint grade?
Ha Ha. Of course it will.

I have decided that I will try to collect the rainbow parallels of Bowman Chromes of Julio Urias and Corey Seager. I had given up trying to do that for all Dodger cards but I thought this would be a nice little side project to do if I just stuck to two players. What better ones than the two super phenoms in the Dodger minor leagues. Both might be up with the big league club this year but Urias would be first in my opinion.

Of course if I was to start a new collection I wanted the best possible condition cards (aka gem mints) so that adds a "fun" wrinkle to the pursuit. The acquisition of this card is as close to a BGS gem mint card you can get without actually being gem mint. I have submitted my fair share of cards to get a raw grade from BGS but this is the first time I have actually acquired one from the bay. There are many colors to collect so I have to start somewhere and what better way than a "guaranteed" gem mint card? This card was on a simple BIN auction with a reasonable price. When I had enough comic code funds in hand I hit the purchase button and sent over the payment. First of hopefully many gem mint Seager cards arrived within a few days. From the looks of the card in hand I am going to say centering is the one sub grade that is a 9 and the other three scored 9.5's. Easy peasy transaction.


Note - This write was done months ago hence the wording about starting the rainbow project. I didn't want to re write it so I left it in its original form.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment