Thursday, March 5, 2015

Card of the Day - 2011 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Bazooka Mini (10/25)


Over the next week or so I will be showing off 7 different cards that I received on a trade from an eBay seller. Earlier this week I showcased the Gypsy Queen purchases and touched upon how we made a trade after that transaction and this is the first of the 7 cards. The reason I am picked this one first is that this Saturday it will be going to BGS for a raw grade review. More on this and other cards in Saturday's post.

The eBay seller and I started talking when we met up for the Kershaw transaction and found out that he is trying to put together a Allen and Ginter Red Ink autograph set. For those that don't know they are mostly numbered to only 10 with some exceptions. I have/had three in my collection, a Trout which is not and will not go anywhere, a Josh Hamilton and Ryan Braun. I do love these red inks but I got to thinking that maybe they are more valuable in my head and if I cut them lose maybe I could get something that was more in tune with my collection. I picked up the Braun and Hamilton at bargain prices as their autograph values have soured in recent years. I agreed to give him those two cards and in turn received 7 in return.

There were two cards that really caught my attention for the trade and this is one of them. I continue to love me some Allen and Ginter minis but what is different than the others I have acquired is that this one is a numbered Bazooka "variant". As with the leather card from earlier in the week I have never owned one of these and again, what better one to be my first than Kershaw? When I 1st saw it on screen I had every intention to have it graded and now that it is in hand nothing has changed my mind. I believe it should earn a gem mint grade and hopefully I am right.


10/25

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.
-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment