Sunday, March 15, 2015

Card of the Day - 2009 Allen and Ginger : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph...Part Two


There are not many times where I will go out and acquire the same exact card of one I already have in my possession. Just like Kershaw is an exception to many rules in baseball, he also is an exception to the duplicate copies rule in my collection as well.

I already acquired this card back in the beginning of October and even though that copy cost me nothing thanks to eBay bucks I can't sneeze at the deal I picked this one up for hence why I acquired a second copy for my collection. If this or any card wasn't an autograph I wouldn't have entertained the idea of a second one for the collection but this being Kershaw, an on card autograph and from one of my favorite sets I couldn't pass it up.

Even though I already have a copy of this card I kept this particular one on my watch list. The seller had it on a BIN auction for $70 with no best offer option. Book for this card is currently $80 but eBay sales have been anywhere from $50-65ish the past few months. A few days after he won his MVP award I noticed on my watch list that the seller put a discount on all his cards which also included this one. What was the percentage you ask? Over 50%. WHAT? He had this card for sale at less than $30. I couldn't believe that it was still available considering all the awards he just won. I clicked on the auction to see if it was still there to purchase and it was and I hastily clicked on the button to commit to the sale and sent the funds over. Didn't know what to expect when the card arrived. Would it be damaged hence the low price? No, it wasn't and I couldn't be happier.

As stated in my past BGS submission posts involving my other copy of this card it came back a gem mint 9.5. I will be submitting this one as well and wouldn't it be just grand if I had dual gem mints of this great card? Oh happy day for the Penguin.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.
-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice looking card. My Cutch Ginter's are some of my favorites in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got my hands on a Cutch mini as well. A/G usually puts out great autos and I expect no different from this year's anniversary set.

      Delete