Saturday, April 18, 2015

Card of the Day - 2002 Topps 206 : Kazuhisa Ishii Mini Frame Autograph


It's always fun to be on a pursuit of an autograph that is new to you. Kershaw, Kemp, Trout etc. are always on the watch list and always hunted for but when you search for an autograph of a player for the first time there is something about that search. Former Dodger Ishii became that focus for me a couple months ago.

I am always searching for older Dodgers that I never had the chance to meet in person or that normally pop up on generic Dodger autograph searches but until recently Ishii never showed up on any of those searches due to what I assume is the scarcity of demand for his autograph and his cards in general. One day I saw a fellow blogger (can't remember who, sorry) post about his purchase of an Ishii autograph and realized I never have looked for one for myself. Challenge accepted.

Off to eBay I went and found myself wanting. Not much to chose from and what was there I felt were of lesser quality. Off to few other places but in the end I ended up back at COMC and found this card for way off of book which is $40. Anything more than $10 would have been too pricey for me which this card was not thankfully.

Ishii finally has a place in my collection.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment