Sunday, April 19, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Matt Kemp Base Silver Frame Parallel (18/20)


I feel like the little boy that cries wolf as I keep stating that this or that card is my last Kemp card that I will acquire in any new product but I still seem to be able to get my hands on some parallels that I thought I wouldn't be able to. Case in point with this beauty.

I assume there will be a Kemp card in series 2 of Topps with him in Padre gear so my thinking is that this would be the last Topps card in their flagship brand that I would be pursuing when the set came out. This is at least the 6th or 7th copy of the 20 that I have seen on eBay and with my losses on the previous auctions I assumed I might be just assed out on getting my own copy. I am sure not all copies make their to eBay as some people keep cards that they actually pull out of packs (shocker, I know) so with only 13 or 14 copies left I wasn't sure when I would see another one pop up for sale. Thankfully this one did.

Still need a few of these framed parallels for my collection so I am searching daily for them and Kemp came up again for a reasonable low price which was less than any auction had closed at. Put it on my watch list and assumed on the last day I would be in a mini bidding war. The last minute arrived and yet no bids. Interesting to say the least. Seconds left and I put in my bid which was a tad higher than I put on the other auctions I lost out on and surprisingly I was the only one to bid on it. Woo Hoo. One bid, one winner.

Seriously now, I don't see any more Kemp cards in 2015 issues that I will pursuing but of course that could change.
=)


18 of 20

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. I just pulled a Robinson Cano card this morning 20/20 gold framed Topps. If your interested you can get back to me at stevemc4444@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pulled a Robinson Cano card this morning 20/20 gold framed Topps. If your interested you can get back to me at stevemc4444@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete