Monday, April 20, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Five Star : Edgar Martinez Golden Graphs Autograph (49/50) AND eBay Bucks Quarterly Purchase Number One


Oh yeah, it is that time of the year again. Time for my quarterly eBay bucks purchase and this card is a bonus as I had only expected to acquire one card this quarter but ended up with two with this one being the last minute acquisition.

Tomorrow's post is about the big card that I had my eye on and what I had in the eBay bucks "piggy bank" would cover that card's "cost" to a T. Well towards the end of March I ended up buying some stuff on the bay for friends and family which earned me a little more to look for another autograph card, I so love earning credits on other people's dime.

I had a Jorge Posada card from this same issue that I really wanted but I couldn't lock in for a reasonable price aka FREE so I went to option two which is Mr. Edgar Martinez here. I have never pursued Edgar's autograph in any kind of rush (though I still wanted one at some point) but I knew this great card existed when I first saw the Five Star checklist so when I was to acquire his autograph this would be the card I would want. Well that time was now.

Book value has this pegged at $50 which I wouldn't never pay any type of funds for but I did have a little more than $20 to play with if I wanted to acquire the card for free. This was on a traditional auction and at the end of the day the total price was just the right amount to make it free. Another hit for the collection and it looks beautiful.


49 / 50

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment:

  1. Probably one of the more under appreciated players in recent memories. The sad thing is he'll have to fight to get into the Hall of Fame while Ortiz will probably get in not long after he is eligible. Martinez has accumulated almost 20 more War than Ortiz.

    That is a sweet looking card!

    ReplyDelete