Friday, April 17, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Joc Pederson Base Silver Frame Parallel (2/20)


I am kind of surprised that I ended up with this card this quickly as this is only the 3rd one to hit the bay since its release (I saw number 4 after acquiring this one). The reason I had that thinking is that Beckett has this pegged at $50 and the 1st eBay auction ended at $35. I never saw it so I missed out but that seem to be pretty reasonable. Then the 2nd card hit eBay and when all was said and done that one clocked in at almost $100. 18 copies left and since this is considered his rookie card I thought I would be in for a fight for the remaining copies out there. Thankfully the seller of this card was willing to deal.

The seller put this on eBay and I happened to be on at that time and it had been live for just 10 minutes. He had a starting asking price of $5 with no BIN but instead of playing the auction game for a week I contacted him and asked if he would change the auction to a BIN one with an agreed price between us. After about 7 emails we finally were on the same page and I hit the BIN button and "won" my Joc card. My price was no where near the $100 the previous one sold for and for that I am thankful.

I am more on the boat with Seager and Urias so my collection of Joc cards is lacking compared to those two so adding a nice limited card of his early in his career for a reasonable amount can only be a good thing. As with most of my recent acquisitions this card has been put in the BGS pile for grading and anything less than gem mint would be a disappointment in my eyes.


2/20

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment