Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Card of the Day - 2012 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Autograph BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


So this is a card post so why is there a phone as the lead photo in it? That kind of looks like my phone. Actually that is my old phone and I am no longer in possession of it and for it I received this spiffy card in return. Now I am trading phones for cards? Not technically but close.


Couple weeks ago I upgraded my phone from the Samsung S5 to the new S6 model and what usually happens is that I offset the cost of the new phone with the sale of the old phone when I sell it on eBay. Well Sprint is now doing a leasing option which since I have an old grandfathered plan comes out to nothing more out of pocket with the new phone. So I get a new phone, no cost and I still have my old phone to sell off. The only bad thing with the leasing option is that I do not own the S6 so this is the last time I can sell a phone but I wanted to make sure when I did I would pick up something nice for myself. Why not reacquire a card that I let go last year that I would love to have again. So that's what I did.

I had this card in my collection but I sold it to acquire it's blue parallel brother as seen HERE but since I have decided to do various rainbow parallel collections of Seager and Urias why not pick this bad boy up once again and if it was nothing out of pocket more power to me.

First things first as I had to complete the phone sale on eBay which I did. Second I made sure to take the wife out to dinner. Check. Now with what was left over I would search for a copy of this card. I scanned auctions and didn't want to do a bidding war but late one day I saw this pop up from a seller that had two copies on a BIN auction. Clean signature and a gem mint grade. Couldn't ask for more so I went and "purchased" the card. Nothing out of pocket and I welcomed back an old friend that I didn't want to see leave the 1st time around. Another Seager autograph added to the collection and on the hunt for more.

Thank you Sprint for the assistance on the purchase. Keep the good programs coming.


Gold banner day

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment:

  1. Gem Minty!

    Also, I wanted to follow up on the trade that we were working on, if you're still interested. If not, that's fine, but I just want to get the confirmation. I also have the Julio Urias Oversized purple ice autograph if you're interested. Thank you!

    -Frankie

    ReplyDelete