Monday, April 13, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (31/66)


With Ryu in the fold I had my eyes on this Kershaw which was up for sale on the bay at the same time as Ryu's card. Kershaw, Puig and Trout are the big names that are on my list to acquire from this black parallel set and with only 66 copies of each I had to get my hands on them quickly but at the same time for a reasonable cost.

While Puig also demands a high price, Kershaw is and will be my main focus on all things Dodger going forward. Won't pass up on great deals but Kershaw is first and when acquiring any newer cards I am looking for top quality as the only ones I will be hunting for will be numbered and/or limited and I plan to submit most if not all to BGS in the future. So when I saw this copy that same day as Ryu's I knew I wanted it as in the picture the card looks perfect with only the slightest off centering that I can see.

I could have played the auction game but I contacted the seller and asked if he would end the auction and sell it to my at a price I thought was reasonable. He said sure but at a slightly higher price than I stated. It wasn't too far off so I said yes and within a couple days I had my Kershaw copy. Card looks clean and now I can concentrate on getting Puig's and Trouts's chrome as this card is now in my BGS pile.


31 / 66

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment