Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Card(s) of the Day - 2011,13,14 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw / Sandy Koufax Ext Minis



2011 Ext Mini

Part two of the eBay trade I started sharing about a few weeks ago. The Bazooka was showcased earlier prior to these and the next 2 days worth of cards due to it being included in the BGS submission from last month but now I can get back to the trade and finish off the posts.

As stated I traded away a couple of autograph Ginters and in turn picked up 7 cards and they are all Kershaw and Koufaxs. Not a bad duo don't you think? 


2013 Ext Mini

Prior to now I have never owned any Ext minis from the Ginter due to them only coming in rip cards which go for a ridiculous amount on the aftermarket. If ripped and in turn these are sold on eBay or wherever where most sellers are looking for at least $20 a pop for them with book being as high as $50. Since there are more pressing cards for me to acquire I never searched these out. 


2013 Ext Mini

Considering each would cost me $20 each that would mean these would cost me give or take $80 depending on any given day. So getting these all in one swoop is a score for me. My Koufax collection is severely lacking and it's nice to own another one of his.


2014 Ext Mini

Of course the main reason I wanted these were because of Kershaw. Though I don't collect many non refractors when the opportunity presented itself to me to pick these up at nothing out of pocket I couldn't pass it up.

While at least 2 of the 4 probably would grade out to a gem mint 9.5 I will not be submitting them to BGS for that unless in the future the price really jumps on these (which I don't think they will).

Great looking cards with the purchase price of free.
= )

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin


No comments:

Post a Comment