Wednesday, November 18, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number EIGHT - 2015 Bowman Chrome : Alex Verdugo Base Chrome Twitter Parallel (10/10) Now Graded Mint 9.0


2015 Bowman Chrome Alex Verdugo Twitter Refractor /10

Going back to back on these Twitter parallels Alex here gets the 2nd spot (edit: I took out the other one as I sold it for a premium that I couldn't pass up) as he is further out from the big leagues but he did quite well in Rancho Cucamonga so he might make it sooner than I and others think. Condition wise this cards looks to be in fine form and say there is more than a 50/50 chance that it earns a 9.5. Only the centering on the front gives me a little concern but everything else should prop it up.



Going forward starting with this Verdugo entry the remaining cards of this batch either either met or exceeded my expectations. So this being card 8 of 33 that means 26 from the batch were met with a smile. Woo hoo.

While I had hoped this very limited (10 of 10) parallel of up and comer Alex would earn a gold banner I gave myself a 50/50 shot that it would and it came ever so close to getting that 9.5. Corners and surface both received a 9 which dropped the overall to a 9. It is only .5 from gem mint and I have put this card in my "we shall see" pile of cards that I might resubmit to BGS in March in hopes of getting a bump to gold banner status.


Oh so close to a gem mint.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin



No comments:

Post a Comment