Sunday, November 22, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Jared Walker Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (51/75)


5 whole quarters.
No, not an overtime game in basketball but a grand total of $1.25 is all it took for me to complete my very small Jared Walker project.

Jared was included in the 2014 Bowman Draft set and he was not represented by an autograph so I only had to lock down two cards for the young man. One blue and one black chrome refractor. The blue with its 399 copy print run was easy to obtain and I only had to really hold out/search for the black since there are only 75 copies.

I only ever saw a couple of copies on eBay but every seller wanted an arm and a leg for this card. I just waited it out and finally a seller had it on a traditional auction with $1.25 as the starting asking price. Surprise, surprise I was the only one to bid on it at auction's end and now my 2 card project is done. Onto the next mini project


51 of 75

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment