Sunday, November 29, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Julio Urias Base Chrome Silver Wave Parallel (2/25) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


This rainbow project for Urias and Seager has been getting harder and harder lately to add to as both player's card prices have gone up since the beginning of the calendar year so deals are far and few between.

With that said I look for graded cards 1st prior to raw cards so if I can bypass the grading process then all the better. There are two silver wave parallels of Urias with one coming in the main Bowman Chrome set and then this one that comes in the Bowman Draft set. Both are numbered to only 25 with the main one commanding just a little more than this one but both still highly sought after.

I have seen and lost out on a copy of this card before on eBay as the price skyrocketed over $50 and that was before he started dominating in AA ball. When this one popped up I crossed my fingers as the seller had this on a BIN auction with a high amount attached to it. If not for the best offer option attached to it I would have passed on it. I sent him an offer of almost 50% off of what he was asking for and expected a quick rejection. The offer was rejected but he sent over a pretty fair counter offer. I decided to try my luck one more time and sent him an offer between our two offers and thankfully he took it. I promptly sent over the necessary funds and had the card in hand a few short days later.

One more notch on the rainbow project and yet I still have so many more to acquire.


Yet another gold banner


2 of 25

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment