Monday, November 9, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number ONE - 2013 Topps Five Star : Bryce Harper Base Autograph Rainbow Parallel (22/25) Now Graded Near Mint 8.5

And here we are once again. My biggest submission to BGS for grading is finally in hand and for the next two months I will be posting the results with my thoughts (and irritations) on each card. While the results for the most part were satisfying there are always cards that I assumed would do better which did not but thankfully there were a few pleasant surprises as well. 

As per the norm I will post the most disappointing to, in my eyes, the best results. Yes, like usual there are a few 8.5's to go through and obviously those are up first but thankfully there be some 10's at the end of all of this.  

With that said lets get the disappointments out of the way and up first is the biggest of the batch. Ugh.


2013 Topps Five Star Bryce Harper Autograph /25

I'm hoping with Frankie being in this group submission that his presence will give me good luck on this card but I am not holding my breath. I acquired this from Frankie awhile back with every intention to send it to BGS for grading and once in hand it looks great to me except for one corner. Always the problem with Topps Five Star. Just like the Cabrera if it can hold to a 9 I think everything else will come out to a 9.5 for an overall 9.5 but at the very worst I will getting a mint 9 card back from BGS of this likely 2015 NL MVP.



Well I was right on the corners possible holding on for a 9 but what I didn't expect was an 8 on surface. Even with this in hand now I still can't see the supposed issue with the surface. I learned my lesson with the Urias from the last batch that came back a 4.5. I cleaned this card up and made sure there were no nicks or scratches yet this Harper autograph came back as a disappointing 8.5. A 9 was all I was looking/asking for with a small hope for a 9.5 but this 8.5 is an eye sore to me. I had hoped to add another great looking graded autograph of the probable 2015 NL MVP to my collection but instead that hunt will have to continue into the off season as I will be cracking this open and razzing it out on Instagram.


Eight point freaking five. UGH!

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. What's your instagram UN? I want to be sure to get in on that action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as here... DodgerPenguin.
      Card is up at sjbnrazzes
      One of many cards

      Delete