Sunday, November 8, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013/14 Panini National Treasures : Rogie Vachon Autograph and Relic


As a fan of the Kings with less than stellar knowledge of past players prior to the current team (post strike) I am only aware of 3 goaltenders other than Quick.

Hrudey and Felix Potvin aka the cat are the two that come to mind the most as that is the only other era (1990's) that I am somewhat versed in. The other is Rogie Vachon.

I knew he played for the Kings and upon further research he played the most years of his career with the team. He started with the Monteal Canadians but was traded to the Kings 6 years later where he played 7 years with them. I learned more about Rogie from various websites but a lot can be found on WIKIPEDIA .

As I try to acquire autographs of past Dodgers and Kings I knew Rogie would someday make it to my collection and that day has come. When it comes to the Kings autographs I am not as picky to sticker autographs and to be quite honest sticker versions are more commonplace than on card ones so my selection is limited.

I for sure wanted one with Rogie in his old school Hockey mask and this card does not disappoint. This is a great black and white photo of the goaltender great. As a bonus it also contains 2 pieces of relic. I no longer get relic cards but if that is the only way I can score a deal on a needed autograph then that is the road I will go.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment