Sunday, November 1, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Heritage : Hanley Ramirez Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (19/66)


... and I come to what possibly could be the final Hanley card I will ever acquire for my collection as he no longer plays for the Dodgers and I have my fill of autographs of the man.

With the acquisition of this card I also finally finish my 2015 Heritage project as this was the final one I needed for my black chrome collection. I had all the big names already but Hanley remained elusive as I was never willing to pay a premium for a card that books for $25, as it seemed everyone else did, even if it meant my project remained incomplete by 1.

This one popped up on the bay with a BIN of $20 with a best offer option. Last time I saw one it was the exact same thing and after I sent in my offer someone swooped in and purchased it at the seller's asking price. Once again I sent in an offer which most would consider a low ball total but a few hours later I was informed I won and the project was finally complete.

I now add the final Hanley piece to the collection. It was a great couple of years but with Seager here now I think the Dodgers will do just fine at shortstop for the next 10 years. Good luck in Boston Hanley as you patrol ... left field/first base? Ha Ha.


Nineteen
of
Sixty-Six

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment