Friday, November 6, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013/14 Panini Contenders : Martin Jones Base Autograph


Another nice little break from the baseball cards as it was time to acquire another autograph of the Stanley Cup Champions.

Martin was one of the back-up goalies to mainstay Jonathan Quick. Martin burst onto the scene when Quick went down with an injury and performed quite well. I knew at sometime I would need to add his autograph to my slowly but surely growing Kings collection. Now I had to find one that was good enough for me.

Not much to chose from as I really didn't want to go the sticker route but was resigned to do till I finally found this copy. I have seen it before but most sellers were asking way too much for my taste in BIN auctions. This one though was on a traditional auction with a starting asking price of 99 cents. I didn't expect to win it for that amount nor did I expect to win it at $1.25 which is exactly what I did.

A nice inexpensive addition to my collection. The Kings are on the brink of a possible dynasty which is unheard of in today's parity of sports. But the Ducks and Blackhawks will stand in their way once again and will be formidable opponents just like every year. In my opinion whoever comes out of the west between those 3 teams will win the cup in 2016. Hopefully it will be the Kings who will raise Lord Stanley for the 3rd time in 5 years.

Go Kings Go !!!

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment