Monday, November 23, 2015

BGS Submission Result Number ELEVEN - 2012 Topps Triple Threads : Clayton Kershaw / Matt Kemp / Dee Gordon Autographs w/Relics (16/18) Now Graded Mint 9.0


2012 Topps Tribute Clayton Kershaw / Matt Kemp / Dee Gordon Autograph /18

Yet another card that was going to go the raw review route till the discounts kept piling up. As many of you know I despise sticker autographs and the only reason I acquired this one was that I made a trade when Joc was hot and my rationale was that even though it's a sticker it's still a Kershaw autograph which trumps a Joc autograph any day of the week. The other reason that I was not going to do a full submission is that Clayton's autograph comes ever so close to the bottom of the sticker and if BGS deems it does then they will knock it down to a 9 instead of the desired 10. Also one of the corners is slightly frayed. So while I would love a 9.5 on this card if I was to get a 9 overall with a 10 autograph I would be content. Please surprise me Beckett and give me a gem mint.



Let's start of the 3rd week of BGS results with a Kershaw card with former friends Kemp and Dee along for the ride.

I had no (little) worries that this card would grade out to mint but I did have reservations on what grade Beckett would give for the autographs. While none are streaky the Kershaw one was dangerously close to the edge and I hoped they wouldn't mark it down because of that. Thankfully they didn't as it ended up with a 10 to go along with an almost gem mint card. An overall 9.5 was missed by just half a point as corners and surface both earned a 9. Going in I was going to be very happy if this card came back with an overall 9 and 10 autograph and that is exactly what happened. Now with it being so close to a gem I am feeling the greedy itch and will probably resubmit it when BGS is back in town to see if I can get a bump.

With Dee's career really starting to take off this card is becoming more important in my collection and would love it to have a gold banner. You have a MVP, a should have been MVP, a 3x Cy Young winner, a batting champ, a home run champ etc. Love all the accolades this card is collecting.


Oh so close to gem mint and earmarked for a bump submission


Perfect ten


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment