Saturday, November 7, 2015

Card of the Day - 2001/02 Upper Deck Premier Collection : Zigmund Palffy Base Autograph


I became enamored with Ziggy when he was traded to the Kings prior to the 1999-00 season. I had heard about his great play while with the Islanders and looked forward to seeing the same play while with the Kings. Sadly while still very good and explosive his injuries mounted and after the NHL lockout of 2004 he only played one more season in the league.

As I go back and try to acquire all the autographs of past Kings and Dodger players I come across players I forgot were on the team and Ziggy happened to another one of those. Oops. I wasn't sure what to expect on eBay pertaining to price for his autograph but thankfully there were more than a handful but I just had to find one that wasn't coming from Canada as they all had crazy shipping charges. Found this one originating from the good ole U.S. of A. and I was the only one to bid on it. Total cost was under $4 delivered to my doorstep. A nice addition to the collection and its an on card autograph to boot. No stickers here !

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment