Monday, August 8, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number FIFTY-FIVE - 2016 Topps Heritage : Mike Trout Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (18/67) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


We come to the last 3 gem mints of my most recent BGS batch and they all happen to be of the young superstar of the Anaheim Angels, Mike Trout.


I noticed that I did not do a write up in my BGS submission post but I remember exactly what I would have said. When I picked this up it was the very 1st black chrome from this year's Heritage release to be sold on eBay. I took a gamble as I wanted it in time for my submission so even though I felt that centering was going to be an issue I pulled the trigger and acquired and hoped that the other 3 sub grades would earn a 9.5 to offset the expected 9 on said centering. Off the card went to BGS and it came back exactly like I expected.


The most important thing to me was the gold banner but when I looked at the sub grades they were 9,9.5,9.5 and 9.5. That 9 was earned on centering just like I thought it would and thankfully the other 3 in fact earned the needed 9.5's to offset that 9. Another great looking black chrome of Mike for the collection and now I wait for 2017 to get the next Heritage black chrome of Mr. Trout.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment