Sunday, August 21, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome Mini : Corey Seager Base Blue Refractor Parallel (7/99)


For constant followers/readers of this blog (thank you again for taking the time to indulge in my rantings) you all know I have/am doing rainbow projects for Corey Seager from the 2013 Bowman Chrome sets. The base set is now complete and just trying to upgrade certain cards and the draft version is still a work in progress but I believe I am half way done. The 3rd one though is one that does not get much play here as it is not a high priority and the cards don't come up for sale that often. The set in question is the 2013 Bowman Chrome minis. Not to be confused with a mini insert set that was included in packs of Bowman Chrome but the ones that could only be had in factory sets which is why they are hard to come by as not all sets have been opened.

The base set can be had pretty easily as those that have been opened are usually resold but it is the colored parallels that I am after and the ones that command a higher price. I scored a massive deal on the black mini a couple years ago as the seller didn't specify Seager in his lot sale and I turned that into a gem mint beauty from BGS. When I picked that black one up I decided I wanted to do the rainbow for the minis as well. With that said this is just my 2nd color for the rainbow as either most are on BIN auctions with obscene high asking prices or I never see them up for sale so when this blue one popped up with a starting price of just a penny I knew I would be going after it.

Surprisingly even with the acquisition of the card during one of Corey's hot streaks on the field it was had for the a very low price of just $2.75. Another steal in my eyes and once in hand I think this has a very good chance at a solid gem mint return from BGS.


Seven
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment