Monday, August 22, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Tribute : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Yellow Parallel (6/30) PSA Graded Gem Mint 10


Kershaw is many things but one thing he is not is Yellow but this card is as it is a parallel from the 2014 Topps Tribute set and yet another project begins with its acquisition.

I am really putting my head down on my quest to have 50 Kershaw autographs by the end of this year and I am looking high and low for them. My search has expanded to parallels and PSA (non BGS) graded cards now and this one falls into both of those categories. As many of you know I am not a PSA fan but from my own experiences and talking with other collectors when a card is graded a 10 by PSA more times than not BGS will say it's at least a 9.5 in their eyes. So my intention going forward is that if I ever acquire a PSA card I will have it cracked by BGS and put into one of their cases as long as it grades out as a gem mint which I am sure it will (knock on wood).

This is the 1st time that I have picked up an autograph card of Kershaw in parallel form. I have the base version of this but had no intention of picking up a different color but when I was presented with a great deal on eBay for this I couldn't pass it up and now that I have 2 "colors" now of course I want them all from this set. A doable project and something to have fun doing.


Once again... PSA 10 = BGS 9.5?
God willing


Six of Thirty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment