Thursday, August 25, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Photo Variation


It is always satisfying when you final acquire a card that you have been searching and hunting for and in this card's case it was going on 2 years till I finally locked down this copy for myself.

I had a list of 2014 Topps Chrome I wanted to acquire and this was the last one on the list. Time and time again I lost out on eBay auctions as even during the off season the demand for it was/is high. I had a set amount I was willing to spend on it and every time that was exceeded on eBay so I was left on the sidelines with no card to call my own. This one showed up one day and even though there was a vague description of what the card was it wasn't overly thorough. Even though it had 19 different bids and 1 by me with less than a second left I finally won the card with literally 7 cents of a cushion until I would have been outbid.

With the seller having less feedback than I like to deal with I crossed my fingers that the card would be in good condition and I wasn't disappointed as a week later I had it and promptly put it in my to be graded pile as it looks to be in gem mint condition other than 1 corner that is not super duper sharp.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment