Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Heritage : Mike Trout Base Action Photo Variation


While I am not the biggest fan of this card's design I am a fan of the Angels Mike Trout and photo variations in general and with me trying to acquire one from each year that Trout has one I knew I would land me a copy of this 2014 version at some point.

Mike has an action variation in each year from 2013-2016 and with 2015 and 2016 in hand and graded gem mint 9.5 by BGS I knew since I had 2 of the 4 in that condition I had to have the other 2 to complete the project. While the 15 and 16 are seen on a constant basis on eBay in BGS cases the 13 and 14's are not. They also don't show up that often in raw form so when this one popped up on eBay by a seller that I have done numerous transactions with in the past I knew it would be an easy transaction if I could come out on top at the end of the auction. He stated it was in tip top condition and was well centered and I agreed with him. It took a whooping 22 bids for me to land this card but thankfully I did as I think as the years go by this card and the 2013 will be hard to come by in good condition.

Once in hand I had hoped that my eBay seller did not "oversell" this card's condition but under a loop I think this card is almost guaranteed to come back with a minimum 9.5 overall from BGS. We shall see in next month.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment