Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Punch Out Toploader Autograph (10/10)


I had seen this card and others like it on eBay for awhile and with its scant print run of just 10 I didn't figure I would ever pick a copy up for my collection. Since it wasn't high on my wishlist I wasn't pursuing it as hard as I do other cards.

I believe it was this exact card (could have been a different copy) but it was on a BIN auction with a crazy asking price but finally the seller decided to list it on a traditional auction which meant I put it on my watch list to see if I could score a deal or not. I expected there would be decent action on this card and I wasn't wrong but as the final seconds of the auction approached I noticed that the high bid was way below what my personal ceiling was for the card. At the last moment I put in a token bid of just $2 over the high bid as I decided I either wanted a great deal or nothing at all. To my surprise my bid made me the winner for what I feel was way below value. I am not going to complain as this acquisition helps me to my overall goal of 100 Kershaw autos.

I knew this card would be "oversized" and didn't know what to expect condition wise but knowing I want all my Kershaw autographs to be at least mint I crossed my fingers. Now that it is in hand I think it has a very good chance of earning a 9.5 from BGS with a 9 almost a formality but we shall see in shortly.


Ten
of
Ten

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment