Friday, August 12, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number FIFTY-SEVEN - 2015 Topps Tribute : Mike Trout Black Autograph (43/50) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Tribute Mike Trout Black Autograph (43/50)

The only Trout autograph in the batch and if/when it comes back with a 9.5 then it will make the acquisition all the sweeter as I picked this up for FREE during the last eBay quarter using eBucks and gift cards.

This card came from Topps in a case and it stayed in the case as I didn't want any potential issues with handling. Under the loop it looks like only the corners might hinder the overall grade as 1 looks a tad rounded.

And I/we have reached the final gem mint (but not the final card of the group) of the batch and what better way than it to be a gem autograph of Mr. Mike Trout.


This card just got even better with the new gold banner affixed to the case. I "won" this on eBay from last year's Christmas quarter using the eBay eBucks that I earned during the quarter. Total money out of pocket? Nothing, zilch, zero, nada. Yup, I love me some eBucks and now I have another gem mint Trout card for my collection.


I still had to hold my breath as I felt that at least one of the sub grades might earn a 9 and potentially 2 would which would have caused this card to earn a silver banner but thankfully only 1 sub grade (surfaces) picked up a 9 while all the others were a 9.5. I breathed a sigh of relief as even though this was "free" I really wanted to gem and gem it did.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I would love to have a Trout auto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY... Great signed on and off the field. I dont think I have ever seen him on a redemption from Topps as well as he knocks them out. There is a 2016 Strata on eBay right now for $150. Pretty cheap

      Delete