Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Five Star : Clayton Kershaw Silver Signatures Autograph Green Parallel (1/15)


I took an eBay gamble and I think it paid off with the acquisition of this Five Star which in hand looks to be one of the better conditioned ones I have won on the auction site.

Wanting to achieve my overall goal of 100 Kershaw autographs and hopefully for at least 50 by the end of this year I continue to look for deals wherever I can find them and this one definitely qualifies as one. I tend to steer away from low feedback sellers on eBay but one without any feedback? I hadn't done a transaction with one yet but that changed when this one showed up on eBay. The seller was brand new so at least their zero feedback did not include negative feedback. Like me it seems most collectors stay away from sellers like these and I had the same intention but this card looked to be in great shape from the pictures on the screen. I decided to take a chance as long as I could score a deal on this card.

The Five Star brand is a very condition sensitive brand and I have had good and bad luck with them in the past but this copy looked to be one of the better conditioned ones I have seen in awhile. On the last day of the auction the current high price was well below what these typically go for. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best and with exactly 2 seconds left I put my bid in (which was very low in my mind) and ended up the winner with room to spare. Now I had to wait till the card arrived to see if the in hand condition would be as good as the on screen condition. With a smile it was and I think it earns a 9.5 from BGS. Numbered out of only 15 this is a great addition.


One
of
Fifteen

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment