Friday, August 26, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Supreme : Clayton Kershaw Autographed Printing Plate (1/1)


Even though this "card" is not perfect I had to have it as I have been searching for one like it for years and I can finally put that pursuit to rest as at last I have an autographed printing plate of Mr. Clayton Kershaw.

While there are "plenty" of printing plates of Clayton I wanted one that was autographed by the Dodger great and those just don't come up for sale that often as they are 1 of 1's. Since all I wanted was a printing plate and not brand specific I just had to wait for one to pop up on eBay. Well this one had made a few rounds on eBay as a 30 day BIN Auction. The original price had been high but finally it was lowered to a point that I was ready to pull the trigger and buy it as I had sold off some stuff to offset the card's cost. There was no best offer option and numerous emails did not help to lower the cost so I was stuck with what he was asking for it. To be fair the asking was reasonable but nothing wrong with trying to get a better deal.

Now two things were holding me up on picking this up sooner. 1, there was/is a slight imperfection on the front of the card which if you look closely you can see near the top left hand side. Knowing that plates tend to not be void of issues that "problem" was resolved in my head pretty fast as I chose to accept it and be done with it. The second was that eBay had not done an eBucks promotion in a few weeks so I had a feeling that one would be popping up soon so I decided to hold out for no more than a week with the hope of earning some extra cash for the quarter. Low and behold the next day an email was sent out stating they were running a 10% eBucks promotion so I promptly clicked the buy it now button and earned an extra $15 for a future "purchase".

With the card in hand I have no idea how BGS will treat it's grade (of course its going in for the grading treatment) but I am thinking it will be a weak 9 which is fine by me as all I really cared for was to have an autographed printing plate of Clayton and that is what I finally have.


One
of
Freaking
One

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment