Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Heritage : Mike Trout Base Color Swap Variation BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


The Heritage brand is quickly becoming my 3rd favorite (Five Star and Chrome are the others) brand to collect every year as they have such a variety to chase after. Of course with it being printed on paper and not chrome there is a bigger chance of quality issues so I look for graded copies of the cards I want first rather than raw versions. Thankfully this limited card was already in a BGS case as I didn't want to risk acquiring it raw and then Beckett come back and till me its not a gem.

Copies of this card show up every so often on the bay and go for a pretty penny so I have steered away from them and waited for a graded copy to show up at the right time (aka when I had spare funds) and finally this one did on a BIN auction. 

The seller's original asking price was almost reasonable considering past graded sales but I still sent him a best offer to see if I could get him to lower his price. As expected he rejected it but countered with an amount a raw version had just sold for a couple days earlier. Anytime you can get a "high" dollar item in graded form for the same price as a raw version that is a win in my book. Clicked, paid, waited and love the card now that it is in hand. Not a numbered variation/parallel but nice nonetheless.


Gold, gold and more gold

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment