Monday, August 29, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Tribute : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Pink Parallel (27/45)


As this season continues and Clayton keeps putting up historic numbers its getting harder and harder to nickel and dime a good deal on eBay but I will keep on trying and in my eyes this one qualifies as a decent acquisition.

Picking up this card helps 2 separate ongoing projects that I am doing. The 1st and more important one is my goal to have 100 Kershaw autographs to call my own which I would say is still at least 3-5 years away from reaching. The 2nd is the rainbow of cards I am trying to complete for the 2014 Tribute Kershaw autographs and this is the 3rd color of said rainbow.

I never thought I would be searching for pink cards when I reentered the hobby a few years ago but here I am picking up another (have a Seager card as well). This card popped up on eBay on a BIN auction and even though it was a reasonable asking price the seller attached a best offer option. I promptly contacted him and negotiated the price down by more than $15 all the while the watch list grew to 5. Once an agreed price was reached I quickly sent over payment and had me another Kershaw autograph for my collection. Condition wise I think it is pretty much a lock for at least a mint 9 return from BGS but there might be a chance it squeaks in with a gem mint 9.5 bold banner. We shall see in October.


Twenty-Seven
of
Forty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment