Saturday, September 10, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Base Sepia Refractor Parallel (91/99)


It was time to go across the Pacific once again to acquire a much wanted card as the sellers on the mainland have not been kind to me when it has come to its price. Sellers located in Asia seem to be open to negotiating a price and in some cases just accepting the offer that is sent to them and that happened to be the case for this beautiful Kershaw card.

I love the Sepia cards that Topps produce but this 2013 Topps Chrome one has eluded me for quite some time. They have popped up on eBay from time to time but with book checking in at $25 there is no way no how am I spending that much to acquire it. The problem is/was that most of the U.S sellers had that as their asking price.

This one popped up one day on the auction site with an asking price of $15 which was "maybe" my ceiling price but only on a very good day. Thankfully the seller included a best offer option. I also noticed that he was located in Taiwan and I was not in any hurry to have this card so it did not matter to me that it would take a couple of weeks to get to me. Well I sent over an offer of $6. Low ball? Maybe but I wanted to see what his price would be and go from there. Well I had to wait almost 2 days for an answer but not only did he not reject my offer he accepted it without a counter. Woo Hoo. That is $6 well spent in my eyes. Card will be off to BGS when they are back in town as I think it has a 50/50 shot at some gold banner love.


Ninety-One
of
Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment