Sunday, September 4, 2016

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Action Variation


For a card that books for $6-12 it has been a real pain to acquire it for less than it's high as I kept losing out on eBay auctions because I set my price ceiling below $12. After months being in the losing column I finally entered the winner's circle.

After chrome cards and the Five Star brand the yearly Heritage releases are becoming one of my favorites to go after. While I don't collect the base cards I do love me some photo variations in this and any brand release. As I have been collecting all of the Trout ones I finally decided it was time to turn my attention to Kershaw and that began a 3 month adventure to picking up this card. After numerous losses I finally snagged this one at a decent cost below high book and now await Beckett to come back into town as I think there is a decent chance this comes back as a gem mint 9.5. While centering is not dead on it is on the fence of being 9 or 9.5. The only thing that gives me real concern is that there is a small mark on the back of the card which might hurt the surface grade. Hopefully only 1 of those sub grades comes back as a 9 and not both. A weak gem mint is still gem mint and I would be more than satisfied with that result.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment